Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Typeface Rant/Inspiration/Kanye West VH1




I have become totally annoyed with the default typefaces currently available, really annoyed. Just had to put this out there and I avoid using them as much as possible unless it is for informative purposes - but even then if I can find a way around it I will do it (now I feel better!). Anyway the last week has been sluggish as far as creative thought goes so here is another inspirational design blog that I have found called Fubiz, much like the one I posted before it just shows you what thinking outside the box can accomplish.

Then today I watched the most amazing thing I have seen in a long time which was Kanye West's performance on VH1 Storytellers. The reason I put this on here is because music is a close relative to design (well I think and have been told this) plus the stage he performed on looked great (even though it was a simple look it was just done really well). But the music he creates is constantly changing and he inspires me to constantly change what I do and don't get too comfortable for too long - in other words stay ahead of everyone else. Currently I am working on ideas for the next LO-FI Zine and planning my website/portfolio but I will take a little time with it because there is no need to rush it just yet. That is about everything for today - Luke.

No comments: