Monday, November 2, 2009

ICPPP324B_Create Pages Using A Page Layout Application

My three items turned out being:

1. Bistro Menu

The Bistro Menu was a straight forward concept that would revolve around creating a family atmosphere. I made sure it was very easy to read but playful as well. By looking at other menus I took what worked and utilized it. It was all illustrated in Photoshop which allowed for a little character, just enough to make the menu worth taking a look at. My type choices were safe and the body copy was kept to 9pt as just a personal preference. Other then that it was rather easy to do.





2. Inspiration Booklet

This was the hardest because of the amount of content I produced. I ended up having to cut half the pages I was hoping to do because it was way too much effort for such a small result. So I had to take my design to the essential elements which was just informing people of creative artists and how to reach them. Much white space was used to really make people read what was going on along side the work.

3. Guide to Fighting Styles

My favorite part of this project because of the style. It was to be gritty and tough but informative. Everything was to fit into the square pages which made it a little easier when modifying the type. Again I kept the body copy at 9-10 pt because I feel that it just looks very appealing.

No comments: