Wednesday, June 3, 2009

T-Shirts, Beer and Anger




The title of this post may have you think of a crazy weekend or something but it's just a few things I am going to rave on about. First of all I am happy with how my submission for "Allmighty's Connected" t shirt design contest went. I wont get into the design but a link is here, all I will say is I'm glad they liked it and maybe one day I might actually come first in a contest haha would be sweet. Second of all if you haven't seen 6 Beers of Separation by now and your a design student check it out ASAP. The guy to look for is Matt who is a graphic design student and his journey to meet Bam Margera so they can do a deck for him. I won't give it all away so you will have to watch it but I loved the journey he took and can only hope I can do that myself one day (if I had to meet someone for something like that I'd say Kanye West no doubt).

Last of all the actual board the guy produced was the last straw for me because I now have something that bugs me more than anything in graphic design. That being the use of that silly looking, ugly, tacky brush in Illustrator. Most people should know what I am referring to - it's the one that is trying to look like a brush but fails miserably. Why do I hate it most? Because it is mostly used by people who are too lazy to learn how to use the pen tool correctly. Now I'm not saying his deck design was bad (it was an awesome idea), it's just that brush makes me uncomfortable when I see it - letting the overall design down. The pen tool looks amazing and is not difficult to learn so I hope to see less of it in the future from everyone haha but the board's concept was quite funky. Congratulations to the guy though doing work for someone with such a high profile would be an amazing buzz. Anyway before I rave on too much I'm off to get creative - Luke.

No comments: